Pages

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Classroom Reveal: Teacher Digs 2013


Hello friends, I've linked up with Blog Hoppin' for Teacher Week'13 Click below to hop on over and go on a marathon of classroom tours.

This is my welcome door. I'm not super crafty so I am pretty proud of this.

Whole Brain Teaching Posters (I made these) and new chevron alphabet can be found here


This is my view from the door. I am very excited about switching to tables this  year. Right now I have 25 students. My iPad cart is under the problem solving strategies by the window. Headed to school tomorrow to get those set up. I can't wait to use them to go deeper this year!




View from the back of the room looking toward the front. Smart Board, clip chart, left over pieces of Saxon math board that I still use. New easel that I am stoked to use for math conversations, and an actual place to create anchor charts.

My clip chart to go with my owl theme.

From opposite corner of the room. Aren't my chair pockets beautiful! Check out my post that give directions on how to make them here.

The colored bucket came from Big Lots and will hold their O.W.L Binders. I can fit 4- 1 inch binders in each bucket. 5 will squeeze in there if I need to.

Library is not complete just yet. I still have quite a few books still at home, not quite done sorting! Seems to be never-ending. The READ poster is Carson Dellosa. Under that are the very cool author posters from Amanda Madden at Teaching Maddeness, but you have to follow Owl-way Be Inspired Blog to find them. These posters give actual photos of the author and a little info about each one. Think book jacket. Pretty cool!

Above you will see my problem solving strategies posters. You can find these here. Our district is working hard to make sure we are teaching common strategies.

This is my writing center bulletin board. The awesome pencil can be found here for free! The I Can Write A... examples is from TpT here.

I LOVE these figurative language posters. I am really hoping to get a lot of "bang for my buck" when I teach word choice this year. There is a lot of power in preparing students with all of these ways to "show not tell'. You can get these here.
These six trait posters above,  you can find here

This is the back of my room with my student computers. My beautiful curtain maid by yours truly. This hides all my wonderful accumulation of "teacher stuff". Really loving the calming
effect it has on the room.
Now I can't wait to see your digs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment